With a prepaid cellular phone from
TRACFONE, you can make and receive calls. You can make local or long distance
calls. Since roaming is permitted, you may also use TRACFONE prepaid cellular
virtually everywhere in the United States that there is cellular coverage.
With prepaid cellular from TRACFONE, you prepay for cellular service by
purchasing TRACFONE prepaid cellular cards at any TRACFONE Authorized Dealer
or conveniently online at PrePaidCellularCards.com.
To activate your TRACFONE, all it takes is one phone call to the customer
service center. But before you call quickly follow these simple steps to
prevent programming and activation delays.
1. Charge the battery according to the manufacturer's instructions included
in your package. (typically 15 hours)
2. Have the Phone Serial Number (ESN) of your TRACFONE ready for the customer
service operator. To obtain your phone serial number, remove the battery
from your cellular phone and locate the serial number on the back of the
phone. The serial number will be after the words Decimal ESN, ESN, SN, or
3. Select a PIN number that will be easy for you to remember. This number
cannot start with a zero (0452), it cannot be sequential (1234), or have
all repetitive numbers (4444).
4. Now, have the information available
for the Operator for activation. We recommend that you keep this information
handy at all times.
5. You must have your TRACFONE with you during the programming/activation
6. Call the Customer Service Center at 1-800-867-7183 from a regular phone
7. After your phone is programmed
wait 24 to 48 hours to perform an activation test call.
8. To test your phone you will need to do the following:
A) Turn on your phone.
B) Pull up the antenna.
C) Call your cellular phone from a landline (home or pay phone). This first
call MUST be in the local area (your phone should not display roam). If
the phone rings, it means that it is active and ready to use! (DO NOT ANSWER
THE PHONE SINCE IT WILL DEDUCT UNITS).
9. Now, you will need to place a test call from your TRACFONE to a local
number. If the phone does not ring do not attempt to make any calls since
the TRACFONE will deduct units. If the phone does ring, it means that the
activation process is completed. (IF IT DOES NOT RING, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO
MAKE ANY CALLS SINCE THE TRACFONE WILL DEDUCT UNITS).
10. If either step 8 or 9 did not work, wait an additional 24 hours before
performing the activation test again. If the phone still does not ring,
please call us back at the Customer Service Center 1-800- 867-7183.
OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER IS AVAILABLE 7 DAYS A WEEK, 8:00 A.M. TO
12 MIDNIGHT (EST).